[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk interconnection with Nuvio

Jason P. Talley jason at nuvio.com
Mon Sep 6 19:09:35 MST 2004

Nuvio, a leading provider of VoIP wholesale services, is pleased to
announce that we will begin offering our services to users of Asterisk
and the ability to connect directly via SIP or IAX.  At the current
time, it is our intention to only offer our current rate plans  to
Asterisk users, but if demand warrants we may well consider other
options.  We are exploring the option of allowing termination on a per
minute basis.  We are terminated to a tier 1 provider and can provide
excellent quality.  We expect this offering to occur within the next 30
days.

Nuvio has built and maintained a significant network across the US for
VoIP services and should be able to fulfill many of the requests that I
see posted on this list routinely.  Please understand that providing
access to Asterisk users is not our primary business objective, but we
will undertake it with the same level of service and support that our
partners and end customers have become accustomed to.  There are two
reasons why we are going to offer our service in this manner.  First, I
come from an open source background and admire the work that is being
done on Asterisk.  I think it has great potential.  Second, my engineers
have lobbied hard for this option as many are from other open source of
Linux related companies and take pride in service this community.  I
mention this solely because we will have to modify many of our internal
procedures to accommodate this service and perform many of our automated
functions by hand.  This will lengthen the provisioning time, so please
have patience.  If this is something that you are interested in, please
direct inquiries and emails to asterisk-info at nuvio.com.

It is our intention to begin to support and sponsor various asterisk
projects.  We would be happy to evaluate any proposals, either sent to
me or the aforementioned asterisk-info at nuvio.com address.

Regards,

Jason P. Talley
Chief Executive Officer