[Asterisk-biz] Maillist Spam

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Sep 5 07:46:04 MST 2004

Justin B.Newman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This list "is for business related activities. Looking for an Asterisk
> service? This is the place for you."
>
> That *does not* mean that folks should send unsolicited commercial
> messages to the group.
>
> IMO, Any commercial messages ought to be *looking for help/services/etc*
> or responding to an inquiry.
>
> Does anyone object to this standard?
Well, so far I haven't been irritated. As long as the messages are short
and to the point and asterisk-related, I'm not in favour of imposing a ban.

After all, doing business also means informing users of offerings.

If business start sending out pointless commercials in HTML mail, I will
start getting irritated... I don't think we are there yet.

/O :-)