[Asterisk-biz] ISDN > asterisk <> ISDN

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Tue Oct 26 08:22:30 MST 2004

Cheap depends, on how you define cheap.

bristuff does, what you ask for (bristuff is a patch to asterisk), but
depending on the amount of lines and hardware involved, the price
varies.

You could take a old P2/P3 system, some HFC-S cards (1 s-bus each), some
old NTBA's for termination and powering the s-bus. This solution would
come cheap, but not handy (the system fills pretty good).

The next step is a via epia board with the quadBRI or octoBRI board from
http://www.junghanns.net (who is the one developing bristuff). This
could be build as a professional solution, also because junghanns cards
take care of powering the bus and termination, but the solution will not
be cheap (or not as cheap as the first option). I would reckon, that
this will be below 1000 EUR setup, not comparable to ATA's.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen