[Asterisk-biz] Help needed convincing a big customer.

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Oct 20 15:23:30 MST 2004

Could someone maybe help with some points for these questions.  I have
some answers, but ideas would be good if possible.

1. being wary of open source (we are a software shop after all)

See third item (which explains it a bit better)

2. need to be sure of uptime and product future

I've offered failover High Availability, but they only want one server.
  I have therefore offered them a decent IBM 2U rack mount with dual
power supplies (and I guess I'll probably chuck in a raid array).
Anyone got any good uptime figures?  I keep changing kernel/hardware and
restarting...

3. they (and I) are concerned that our devs and support staff will
"fiddle", as they are wont to do. That's a distraction from core bus.

What do I say in response to this?  Yes it's true.  I can't not give
them the source code because that would be a violation of the GPL.
Anyone maybe got any ideas on hash signing or something?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell