[Asterisk-biz] Target pricing for small asterisk pabx ?

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Thu Oct 7 08:00:48 MST 2004

Danny Zak wrote:
> Hello Commercial's :)
>

> i got a question about "selling" a asterisk based pabx;
>
> for SMB target ( 2 incomming lines = 1 isdn; linked up with 5 phones;
> including configuration of these extensions and providing basic
> services such asauto attendant (simple ivr); voicemail; etc..
>
> what would be a FAIR price to charge the SMB entrepreneur for this ?
> So just the basic price without the hardware costs (like system and
> phones)

Whatever the market will bear. ;-)

Seriously though I don't think there is an easy answer to your question.
     I think it's a tough sell for such a small outfit. There's a lot of
competition period but even more so for the very small office. There are
Key System Units from all the big players (e.g. NEC) and there are
companies like TalkSwitch that offer pretty inexpensive full-featured
solutions. Not sure why ISDN is being used in your scenario - that might
give you an edge since I don't think TalkSwitch provides an interface to
ISDN.

Whether the company is growing or not is an important factor IMO. KSUs
and devices like those offered by TalkSwitch kinda force a client into a
"categorical" growth path. An *-based solution in comparison offers more
of an "incremental" growth path. i.e. Drop in another telephony card and
make some changes to the conf files. The telephony cards from Digium are
also a fraction of the cost of what some other vendors charge.

Cheers

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO