[Asterisk-biz] Any suggestion for a good ADSL Router that garantees me voIP prioritization and QoS ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Oct 4 18:50:37 MST 2004

James H. Thompson wrote:

> Latest  Official Linksys WRT54G firmware includes QOS support, so upgrading
> to non-standard firmware shouldn't be an issue.

This is true, except that it offers no place to tell the router what
your upstream bandwidth is. This makes the QoS support less than useful;
if your cable modem/DSL modem/etc. provides a 100Mb/s link to the WRT54G
(but then buffers the data to match your actual upstream bandwidth),
then it can only prioritize traffic that would exceed the link capacity,
which will never happen in the real world.