[Asterisk-biz] Any suggestion for a good ADSL Router that garantees me voIP prioritization and QoS ?

andres at itranser.com andres at itranser.com
Mon Oct 4 15:53:04 MST 2004

Hi,

Could someone advice for a cost effective router that can make
priorization of voIP traffic on an easy way ?  It would be wonderful if
besides priorization of voIP, the router is already SIP (Nat transversal)
compatible,  I would like to test some of the most cost effective one, so
I can suggest them to my customers (and avoid suggest them expensive
branded equipment as Cisco top level routers).

I am using my Internet connection for all my traffic (including voIP) and
I want to be sure that if I have problems with my voIP connection is due
to my voIP provider and not my Internet Connection.  My Asterisk Server is
directly connected to the router that goes to internet, using a swith at
100mg, but I am using a normal IP router.  Any additional suggestion
besides changing that router ? Which one would you suggest me ?

Please, note that my router connects directly to my DSL connection (the
router already act as a DSL modem). I am aware that in some countries,
this is not so normal (I think that on USA you need both the router and
modem). If the router you suggest me also requires a modem to interface
with the DSL, please, let me known too.

Thks for your suggestions,

Andres