[Asterisk-biz] VoipJet's Terms of Service

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue Nov 16 14:56:29 MST 2004

/SNIP/
Yes, I see that now, they are treating it similarly to wireless service.

Note that I'm not in any way disputing their "right" to do this, that's
up to the voters in that municipality. What I'm concerned about is the
mobility of the service, and the fact that (unlike a wireless carrier)
the service provider _cannot_ know with any certainty where the calls
are actually being delivered to or placed from.
/SNIP/

What is the difference? You can carry your Mobile Phone anywhere in the
country, like many of us do and the taxes are billed as per the address
on the bill.

You may order The Mobile Phone service as per the home address in
Califoirnia But you may use the Mobile Phone in Texas so that you can
save on the cost of the call as the call to your home phone from mobile
would be like a Local call as they both are in the same Area code.

The city is applying the same logic here, for VOIP Services I guess.

Seshu Kanuri