[Asterisk-biz] VoipJet's Terms of Service

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Tue Nov 16 11:16:15 MST 2004

Anybody read this?
https://www.voipjet.com/tos.php?PHPSESSID=db472c6283f85357f993b9714d41faae

Quite interesting. However, I'm curious about this one part:

"THE CUSTOMER SPECIFICALLY AGREES TO NOT USE THE SERVICE TO COMPLETE CALLS
THAT BOTH BEGIN AND END WITHIN THE COUNTRY OF CANADA."

And then later on down the line says:

"The customer agrees to verify use of this service, and all corresponding
call usage, complies with all application laws in Canada and the USA."

I'm curious, what is Canada's stance with VOIP? Do they strictly forbid it?
Why are we not allowed to call people in Canada or receive calls from people
in Canada via VoipJet's system?