[Asterisk-biz] * used as solely for a call centre

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Thu Nov 4 23:42:56 MST 2004

Steven Moon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are a small company based in Australia.  We are looking at new call
> centre software and one that has come to the surface is *.  There
> seems to be a lot of company's that have used this as part of their
> call centre but have still relied on other backbones (eg:Avaya).  I am
> keen to hear from anyone who has implemented this as a total call
> centre solution.

Hi Steve-

I'd guess that most people who are backhauling with another switch are
using * for all of the callcenter tasks, since it is very well suited to
call center operations, while a traditional enterprise PBX is more
familiar to the average business user.  From my experience, you should
have no trouble with an all-Asterisk call center, especially with the
advent of tools like astguiclient and
http://demo.xcept.it/xc-ast/index.jsp which reduce custom programming
for your site, reducing costs.

Nick