[Asterisk-biz] Is Nufone still in business?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Nov 2 18:52:02 MST 2004

On Nov 2, 2004, at 5:37 PM, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I tried since 2 weeks to contact Nufone, but others than ONE time an
> autoreply
> I have not heard from them.
> I wonder, are they still in business?

They're still forwarding calls for me.  The voice side of the company
seems to work very well.  The support side is a completely different
story.  My personal theory is that their email system is deeply broken,
and it drops most of the mail passing through it.  If you don't get an
autoreply within a couple minutes of your message, then something's
wrong and you should probably try again.

Fun NuFone story: I sent them mail once asking for an additional 800
number, and received no response.  A few days later, my logs showed a
call inbound from some random phone number via NuFone to an 800 number
that I'd never heard of.  Calling the number from my cell phone rang
into my Asterisk server.  So they'd provisioned the new number but
either never told me about it or their email system dropped the mail.

I'm not going to ask about the wisdom of doing business with a company
that can't keep their email working, though.  They've claimed several
times that they're fixing their support system.  The last few times
I've needed to ask them something, I've received a response in a matter
of minutes, but that may have just been a fluke.

Scott