[Asterisk-biz] Needed: Asterisk Professional services in Jamaica

David Donovan ddonovan at datacom-dir.com
Fri May 14 19:04:50 MST 2004

Hi all,

A colleague approached me with an opportunity.  He has a contact at a hotel in Jamaica looking to implement a softswitch solution.  I'm looking to refer him to one or more companies in Jamaica or the Caribbean who would be interested in taking on such a contract.

I'm new to asterisk and I don't know all the issues relating to the hospitality industry either.  Basically, I know enough to know that I would need to learn a whole lot in order to implement this properly.  It would be lots of fun, but I wouldn't be able to make very reliable or realistic time commitments to a client.  Besides, I'm in Canada and I'm not too familiar with the recently deregulated telecom environment in Jamaica.

Keep in mind that hospitality environments have their own set of unique challenges.  Some integration with the reservation system may be required, IE when a guest checks out, voicemail has to be reset and cleared.  A wake-up call IVR may be required, the cleaning staff usually use telephony application to dial digits to indicate the status of a room IE ready for new guest, needs maintenance etc.

There are hospitality add-ons for Avaya and Nortel.  The scope of this project may include custom development to enhance the features of asterisk to include a subset of features available on competing platforms.

Interested parties could reply to the list or reach me at ddonovan at myrealbox.com

Thanks,
Dave