[Asterisk-biz] Scaling

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Mon Jun 14 09:57:44 MST 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 07:18:42PM -0700, andrew johnson spake thusly:
> What is the typical maximum number of seats Asterisk can support ?  Understand it can depend on hardware and features but looking for a guideline

It depends so heavily on hardware and features that there are no real
guidelines unless we know what hardware and features you intend to use. It
can vary from a dozen if doing transcoding on a mediocre machine to many
thousands if using it only as a SIP gateway/H323 gatekeeper.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig