[Asterisk-biz] Scaling

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jun 14 07:52:28 MST 2004

At 7:18 PM -0700 on 6/13/04, andrew johnson wrote:
>What is the typical maximum number of seats Asterisk can support ?
>Understand it can depend on hardware and features but looking for a
>guideline

You can't say in the same breath that you understand it depends, but
you want a number anyway.

I have designed Asterisk systems that can handle hundreds of
thousands of users.  I have built systems that can handle tens of
thousands of users.  Others I'm sure have built or designed even
larger systems.

Your guideline is "get a clueful Asterisk integrator", "get good
CPE", and "understand scaling step functions."  If you're planning on
starting an ITSP, and you're asking this question, I'd suggest that
you shouldn't be asking that question.  (Not being snide here; just
being honest.)

JT