[Asterisk-biz] Fwd: [Asterisk-Users] When does the PUC become an issue?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Jul 19 02:30:56 MST 2004

Hi John

That all depends on what country you are in. Where are you? Here in Turkey to
sell calling cards you need to be a licensed telco which has the following
fees:

50,000 Euro Government License
250,000 Euro Letter of Credit to the government
500,000 Euro Letter of Credit to Turkish Telekom
6,000 Euro connection fee per E1 x 8 cities (Minimum)
10,000 Euro for C7 (SS7) interconnection x 2
300 Euro monthly fee per DID (This is NOT a typo!)
0.05 Euro interconnection fee per minute on all calls
+ 18% KDV (VAT)
+ 25% Special communications tax

You can see from this that you need close to 1 million Euro just for license
and interconnection fees before buying any equipment. Given the cost of
C7/SS7 equipment and the requirement for 8 locations you need another
250K-500K worth of equipment just for basic operation..

I hope whichever country you are in is not quite so expensive ;-)

Cheers from Istanbul

Peter

On Friday 16 July 2004 18:22, John Galt wrote:
> I inquired on the users list and was directed here.  please see thread
> below.
>
> -Galt

- --

Peter Nixon