[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk/SIP over satellite?

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Tue Dec 28 10:22:06 MST 2004

Tom Hayden wrote:
> I would imagine the latency would be less than desireable, but I've
> heard that some of the newer sats actually have decent latency.

I know this isn't directly related to your Q, but I have a few users on
my * server in Tanzania with BudgeTones. Their ISP's connection to the
Internet is through satellite via Europe and my server is in Florida.
The latency * sees is ~700ms. But, calls to them are crystal clear.

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.491.9136 (toronto)