[Asterisk-biz] Want to replace existing voice mail system

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Dec 16 14:07:28 MST 2004

Hopefully this is the right place to post this...

We have an obsolete voicemail/fax system we'd like to replace, both hardware
and software.  We'd like to find a company that can provide us with an open
source based system and handle setting it up to work with our existing phone
system, which uses a Toshiba Strata CTX100 PBX.

The existing system interfaces with the PBX via four analog extensions.  It
also is connected to an analog DID line (which does not go through the PBX)
for incoming faxes.  We need the ability to check voice mail both from a
computer and through the telephone system, fax routing to email based on DID
number, print-to-fax for Windows NT 4.0 through XP, and some simple voice
menu and voice directory capabilities for after hours calls.  We currently
have 20 voice mailboxes and 20 incoming fax numbers.

I'm not sure how best to find someone who can set something like this up for
us.  I've talked to one company I found online but they never got back to me
with a quote; they mainly seem to build larger systems so I think we were
too "small potatoes" for them.

---

David Brodbeck, System Administrator
InterClean Equipment, Inc.