[Asterisk-biz] VOIP in India

John gerlich jgerlich at verizon.net
Thu Dec 16 06:32:35 MST 2004

VoIP in India is illegal. The rules are strict and prohibit phone to phone
use of VoIP both in country and internationally. The co-location that we had
located our VXML servers in India had it's telephone connectivity terminated
by the Telco because of a co-located customer doing VoIP. We did manage to
get the Telco to reactivate our service for a period of 2 weeks while we
found another facility.