[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Installation Consulting

Dan Iordanescu dan at TelEmania.com.au
Wed Dec 15 15:13:36 MST 2004

Joshua,

Do you still have spare capacity on the trunk side? Tell me in detail
what you have there. You might be able to increase the number of
extensions with an Asterisk box and use both PBXs (* and Meridian) at
the same time. The dial plan will have to be changed and an extra digit
added to make distinction between Meridian and Asterisk. If you have
extra trunk capacity (T1 or FXO/FXS) then it's going to work. I've done
it in the past.

About IP phones. Yeah, pricing, the eternal problem. There is a phone I
worked with, from http://www.act-tel.com.tw The guy I know only sells
high quantity (1000 pcs) and then  he comes close to your price target
of $100 per phone. I've just sent him an email asking who might sell
just 10 of them and for how much. The quality is similar to Snom's, the
display smaller, but still 2 lines.

12K for a system with 270 extensions is pretty good pricing, hard to
beat. I'm thinking of caveats like: The new system is not Meridian,
which means you can't use the Norstar phones (are they the proprietary
ones?) and you have to buy stacks of phones.

I can help you with the system but I need to know all about your
Meridian PBX, service provider connection, T1 PRIs or TIEs and so on. If
you're interested, I think we should take it offline.

Don't catch your soft(ware) fingers in the Nortel switch :)
Dan.