[Asterisk-biz] Recommend a PoE injector/switch?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Dec 8 08:31:25 MST 2004

>What do you guys recommend for mid-high density?

http://www.insight.ca/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=3CM37013
2

http://www.insight.ca/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=3CM79926
3

Used it with Mitel and Snom's - works fine. Also the 3com NJ200's work well
combined with this; I like the managability (embedded web browser, SNMP).
Doesn't seem to matter what switch we use to feed it, I've used 3Com, HP,
Dlink, Dell it all works.

Couple words of caution:

-The injector is rated at 200W and they aren't kidding. If you load it up to
200 you get random resets. We run ours at ~180, which means we don't get to
use all 24 ports.

-The NJ200 only has 1 powered port, the rest are ordinary ports, plan
accordingly.

Make sure you buy the support pack from 3Com for your first rollout it's an
extra $100 but it's worth it just to make sure you aren't bitten in the ass.
3Com basically doesn't want to talk to you unless you have the support pack.

BTW, I also recommend Insight as a vendor. Drop ships are a dream, RMA's are
painless, and the prices highly competitive. They seem to be able to get any
wierd thing that I throw at them. Call Robert Oliver @ 800-467-4448 x 5814,
tell 'em I sent you.

hth