[Asterisk-biz] Toll Free Providers That Send ANI

Nate Kapi natekapi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:28:40 MST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:06:54 -0500, Matthew Marlowe
<matthew.marlowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> 99% do.

Well I have an 8 with one provider and it only gets caller id, because
if you block your caller id then it comes up blank.

<Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com > wrote:
>99% of them don't as, If I undertstand this correctly, you want them >to
>re-write the ANI to a 1-800-number of your choice, so that this ?>number
>shows on their caller ID and if they want to return the call, they can
>callback on that 1-800 number.
>
>This is the model used by some messaging/paging firms to spam a >tonne of
>end points with sub-second calls and get their attention to return the
>calls for marketing dollars.
>
>Many CLECs and ITSPs don't allow this, for obvious reasons.

Thats not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about receiving ANI (or
even CPN. Just NOT Caller ID!) on incoming calls to an 800 number. Not
sending.

Thanks!