[Asterisk-biz] Toll Free Providers That Send ANI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Dec 6 05:33:49 MST 2004

Nate Kapi wrote:
> I'm looking into setting up some 800 numbers for customers using
> Asterisk, but they need to provide ANI. Are there some VoIP companys
> out there that confirm that they send ANI? Thanks!

Do any common VOIP protocols even support ANI (as different from CLID)?
  I would suspect that any VOIP provider that is origination toll-free
traffic to you is going to put the ANI information into the CLID
headers/fields of the VOIP protocol in use; that certainly seems to be
the case with LiveVoip.

I don't know of any toll-free origination providers that do CNAM lookups
using the ANI information, so you won't get any calling name information
unless you generate it or look it up yourself.