[Asterisk-biz] VOIPJET is in violation

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Dec 2 10:42:36 MST 2004

Brian West wrote:

>Yep you're correct you can't charge a fee/surcharge for this... Even if you
>have a merchant account you can't get away with this.  Now you can give
>discounts for cash payments last I checked. ;)

Yep, those charges are what business types call a COGS or Cost of Goods
Sold.   This behavior proves to me that VoIPJet didn't bother to examine
the cost of doing business before diving into this very competitive market.

Jeremy McNamara

Just like others did not examine the cost or requirements to provide quality
customer service.  Glass houses my friends.