[Asterisk-biz] VOIP and Emergency Numbers

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 10:20:06 MST 2004

Hi,

Anyone know if any VOIP handset manufacturers are
working on solving the emergency number problem?

I have had a couple of conversations with the national
communications regulator where I am and while the
issue is currently slipping under the radar I don't
know how long it will last.

I know I'm dreaming but a VOIP handset with battery
backup, GPS to provide location and a method of
connecting to a mobile network (GSM, CDMA) in case of
the Internet going down would be nice :). If anyone
has such handsets pencil me in for a couple...

Aaron