[Asterisk-biz] standalone pbx

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 13 04:12:59 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 01:52, Rehan Ahmed wrote:
> I am sure many on this forum are working on developing and many have already
> developed there asterisk based standalone , one box solution for asterisk.
>
> We are doing the same, and i do not want to re invent the wheel.
>
> Therefore, i am interested in making a consortium, where all the people whoa re
> building asterisk pbx standalone project could work together on it.
>
> If any one wishes to work with us, Please feel free to email me.
>
> What we want to build is a small pbx, something like a linksys router that u buy off
> the shelf.
>
> Rehan

Hi Rehan,

I don't think the hardware is an issue. Via Epia or other small form
factor embedded solutions are out there that are both powerful and cost
effective. What is missing imho is an interface that end-users and the
local PBX admin can work with and messaging integration into the
existing business infrastructure (think connections with CRM
applications like Act! & Goldmine, dialing a contact from Outlook etc.).
I would love to see these issues addressed.

Cheers,
Patrick