[Asterisk-biz] Re: standalone pbx

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Thu Aug 12 10:17:37 MST 2004

rene wrote:

> I think there is a market for a ready to go pbx based on asterisk. A
> consortium would probably helpful for marketing purposes, getting custom
> hardware from parts vendors if there are any special needs (linksys size
> case), or even having a standard web aprovisioning system for the pbxes
> with a consistent look and feel,

Do you guys realize the economy of scale that is necessary to achieve
profit if a linksys-like *-based PBX is a reality? I doubt if anyone on
this list has the manufacturing facilities and quality control processes
to make this happen. There are Standards Associations (e.g. CE, CSA) and
FCC regulations and all that jazz.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass... I just don't think that the original
idea has been thought through.

Cheers

--
Jason Becker