[Asterisk-biz] standalone pbx

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Aug 12 04:35:47 MST 2004

Rehan Ahmed wrote:

>I am sure many on this forum are working on developing and many have
already
>developed there asterisk based standalone , one box solution for
asterisk.

>We are doing the same, and i do not want to re invent the wheel.
>
>Therefore, i am interested in making a consortium, where all the people
whoa re
>building asterisk pbx standalone project could work together on it.
>
>If any one wishes to work with us, Please feel free to email me.
>
>What we want to build is a small pbx, something like a linksys router
that u buy off
>the shelf.
>
>Rehan

If you can buy it off the shelf, you can buy it off the net, if you can
buy it off the net and every member of the consortium is selling them on

the net, then it just became a commodity (sooner rather than later).
Digium's model is free code, sell telephony hardware. What's the
consortium's business model?

I think his idea of a consortium is someone else invent it and give it
to him.

---