[Asterisk-biz] Who knows a good SIP-PSTN gateway

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Tue Aug 10 19:54:16 MST 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:53:46PM -0400, William Suffill spake thusly:
> just use the colinux port of asterisk called asterwind

This boggles my mind. What good is this? You still end up running and
having to know Linux but now you have to run Windows under it so you get
all the problems of being unfamiliar with Linux along with the expense and
instability of running Windows also! Just learn and run Linux and be done
with it. After having seen other Windows based phone systems go down due
to general crashes as well as viruses (including one running Cisco's
product, got a virus before they could even get the patches on it) I think
it's nutty to run a phone system on windows but to run Linux AND Windows
is just insane.

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig