[Asterisk-biz] sccp support?

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Aug 10 11:05:18 MST 2004

John Williams wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I'm a newbie so thanks in advance for bearing with questions ...
>
> I see that a service provider is offering asterisk-based ippbx with
> cisco ip phones.
>
> question:
>
> is asterisk skinny support available under the asterick open source
> license or is it a proprietary implementation from an asterick reseller
> commercial licensed by Digium?

There are two separate SCCP drivers for Asterisk.  There is chan_sccp
and chan_skinny.

chan_skinny ships with the Asterisk source tree, but only includes basic
support for the normal telephone operations (ie no class 5 support)

chan_sccp is a third party driver that has implemented more of the SCCP
protocol and has more support for a few class 5 features (hold,
transfer, etc)

Jeremy McNamara