[asterisk-app-dev] IAX2 protocol documentation

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at puchar.net
Sun Feb 3 07:20:26 CST 2019

> The IAX2 RFC is available here:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5456

thank you very much. just started reading and found

In addition to efficiency, IAX's single static UDP port approach
    makes IAX traffic easy for network managers to shape, prioritize, and
    pass through firewalls.

this is great for microcontroller based application.

> I once developped an IAX2 softphone based on libiax:
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/libiax/
> Maybe it would be easyer to start from here.

While i will certainly look at this code while writing mine, i prefer not
to blidly include other code in my programs.