[asterisk-app-dev] EAGI and duplicate output

Luca Pradovera luca.pradovera at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:11:23 CDT 2018

Hello,
this is going to be sort of a tricky issue, but I hope someone can give us
some pointers.
A project we have been requested to help with has the requirement to pipe
EAGI audio to two different listeners, which then go to various ASR
streaming services.
A solution has been proposed using jackd but it looks like it has too many
moving parts (and I am also not sure it actually works).
I discussed this briefly with some colleagues and thought it would be best
to post here.

Is there a way in EAGI (or Unix/Linux, really) to have the same audio
written to two file descriptors?

Thanks a lot!

Luca