[asterisk-app-dev] Creating a SIP Call from asterisk without any external trigger

vijay sukumaran nair vijay_sukumarannair at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 07:48:45 CST 2017

Dear Joshua,
Thank you for the reply.
As you understand, I do not have SIP request to generate sip_pvt structure & a SIP channel.
1. Is it possible to trigger dial plan (extensions.conf - default context) and create SIP request (INVITE) on the new channel I created? Would this create a SIP channel ?     - If yes, how can I do that?    - Is it possible to bind the new channel and the SIP channel created?
2. What are the asterisk API's available to originate a SIP invite outside of SIP channel?
Thanks, Vijay.

    On Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 6:47:38 PM GMT+5:30, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

 On Wed, Nov 22, 2017, at 09:09 AM, vijay sukumaran nair wrote:
> Dears,
> I am new to asterisk. My requirement is as below, could you please review
> and provide me suggestions that how can I achieve the same?
> Requirement:1. Add a new channel, which does polling on a socket fd for
> an incoming message. The incoming message is proprietary protocol which
> commands the asterisk to perform such operation, like "CALL#1234567890".
> 2. On receiving the message "CALL#1234567890" the new channel should
> request to chan_sip to make a SIP call. Please note that the new channel
> which I created will not have any SIP request.
> What are the possible options I have, to perform #2?

You can only place an outgoing to a SIP channel in that scenario, which
would generate a SIP INVITE and send it out. There is no interface or
mechanism to somehow make a SIP channel out of nowhere without any
signaling - that sort of defeats the entire purpose of the SIP channel
driver.

--
Joshua Colp