[asterisk-app-dev] Creating a SIP Call from asterisk without any external trigger

vijay sukumaran nair vijay_sukumarannair at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 07:09:59 CST 2017

Dears,
I am new to asterisk. My requirement is as below, could you please review and provide me suggestions that how can I achieve the same?
Requirement:1. Add a new channel, which does polling on a socket fd for an incoming message. The incoming message is proprietary protocol which commands the asterisk to perform such operation, like "CALL#1234567890".
2. On receiving the message "CALL#1234567890" the new channel should request to chan_sip to make a SIP call. Please note that the new channel which I created will not have any SIP request.
What are the possible options I have, to perform #2?
Please let me know if any concerns.
Thanks, Vijay