[asterisk-app-dev] ARI: Asterisk 14 + early bridging + failovers

Marin Odrljin marin at maxcom.hr
Fri Feb 24 06:59:42 CST 2017

Hello Joshua,

Yesterday I tried to attach log files on this app-dev list but files were
too big. I have sent them directly to your mail. Now I tried to shrink them
as much as possible and will reattach them.

After additional testing I have following conclusions:

- early bridging has problems when outdialing to SIP trunk and getting back
status BUSY. IN channel hangs up in that moment. When dialing to PJSIP or
IAX2 there are no problems.

- early bridging also has problems when outdialing to any IP (SIP, PJSIP or
IAX2) trunk and getting back status CONGESTION. IN channel hangs up in that
moment. This happens when remote system (asterisk) is shutting down. I hope
there are no other situations to get back CONGESTION status?

My solution for now is not to use early bridging when dialing to SIP trunk
and especially if it is not the last one in failover list.

Marin