[asterisk-app-dev] ARI: add channel to bridge immediatelly after originate action

Marin Odrljin marin at maxcom.hr
Tue Oct 25 08:49:13 CDT 2016

Thanks for info Joshua, I'll check version 14 then.

Marin Odrljin

> 2.StasisStart is not received yet. It will come after destination is
> answered, so after event: ChannelStateChange (Up). Probably this is the
> essence of the problem.
>
> As soon as event ChannelStateChange (Up) comes, app can successfully add
> outbound channel to bridge, event if it is started before StasisStart
> event comes. But I would like to add channel to bridge before it is
> answered, so channels are already bridged in the moment they are both
> connected.
>
> Can somebody please tell me if this behaviour is intended and fine? Or
> maybe I have to use different approach to solve the problem?

This is expected in 13. There is no support for dialing a channel and
interacting with it to that level before it has been answered. The
closest you could do is originate to a Local channel that does an
Answer() and then does the Dial(). Support for what you want was added
in 14[1] though.

[1] http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/08/24/asterisk-14-ari-create-bridge-dial/

--
Joshua Colp