[asterisk-app-dev] Moving the Asterisk Bridge from one Asterisk to another

Nitesh Bansal nitesh.bansal at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:56:20 CDT 2016

Hello,

I'm working on an ARI based bridging application.
My concern is how to gracefully handle the failovers, upgrades.
In case of planned upgrade, 0
I can see following possibilities but I have no clue about how they
will work out?
1. Move the Bridge to the new Asterisk?
2. Bridge the old asterisk to the new asterisk, but don't forward any new
    calls to the Asterisk under upgrade. Wait for call count to drop to zero
    for Asterisk under upgrade.

3. Let first Asterisk run until the call count drops to zero, keep
accepting calls
for the existing bridge, but forward any new Bridge request to the new
Asterisk.

How does Asterisk behaving if multiple ARI clients connect with Asterisk
for the same
Stasis application?

Any ideas/recommendations?

Regards,