[asterisk-app-dev] ARI: How do I get the caller ID to set for calls going out through the SIP trunk?

Matt Brei mattbrei at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 00:52:42 CST 2016

Most CNAM info is pulled from a database (or multiple databases) run by the
various telcos using the ANI number passed as the search term.  This is
usually the name the account is under.  Many of the telcos charge for each
entry pulled from the database.  This is why you'll sometimes just see
Cellular Caller or the state the call is coming from.  The receiving switch
can be configured to use the CNAM sent by the caller, but I have yet to
come across one on the PSTN.

--
Matt Brei
Network Security/IP Telephony Engineer