[asterisk-app-dev] Testing an ARI application using SIPp

Ben Klang bklang at mojolingo.com
Wed Mar 2 12:17:46 CST 2016

On Mar 2, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Tickling Contest <tickling.contest at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response, Ben.
>
> To clarify, I'd like to just wait for an INVITE and then ANSWER. And then I'd like to do it a random number of times (so I can ANSWER a random number of calls). I don't need to hear audio, but I do want to simulate two people being on a call (no need to call a real endpoint etc.).

Are you talking about having SIPp A call SIPp B? If so, it’s possible, you just need two separate scenarios: One to send the INVITE  and wait for the ANSWER, and another to (optionally) REGISTER and wait for the INVITE, then send the ANSWER.  You can also use RTP Echo within SIPp to reflect any received media back to the far end, which is an easy way to pass audio without messing with recordings.

> BTW, when I try to install sippy_cup, I get an error:
>
> ~/sipp-3.5.0$ sudo gem install sippy_cup
> Fetching: network_interface-0.0.1.gem (100%)
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> ERROR:  Error installing sippy_cup:
> 	ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
>         /usr/bin/ruby1.9.1 extconf.rb
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require': cannot load such file -- mkmf (LoadError)
> 	from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
> 	from extconf.rb:1:in `<main>'
>

> Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/network_interface-0.0.1 for inspection.
> Results logged to /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/network_interface-0.0.1/ext/network_interface_ext/gem_make.out

You need the Ruby development package installed to get mkmf, something like “apt-get install ruby-dev".  If you have further questions on SippyCup I’ll be happy to help you off-list, as it’s not really relevant here. Feel free to open an issue at https://github.com/mojolingo/sippy_cup/issues/new <https://github.com/mojolingo/sippy_cup/issues/new>

/BAK/

--
Ben Klang
Principal/Technology Strategist, Mojo Lingo

Mojo Lingo -- Voice applications that work like magic
http://mojolingo.com <http://mojolingo.com/>
Twitter: @MojoLingo