[asterisk-app-dev] ARI event on originate

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jan 6 09:07:16 CST 2016

Sylvain Boily wrote:

> Le 2016-01-06 08:33, Joshua Colp a écrit :
>>> Ok so this event
>>> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+REST+Data+Models#Asterisk13RESTDataModels-ChannelCreated
>>>
>>> doesn't exist at all ?
>> If you are subscribed to an endpoint you should (I haven't tested it)
>> see it as channels are created in relation to the endpoint. It won't
>> show up for origination though.
>>

> Ok i haven't tested, but thank for the idea !
>
>>> I have a use case where this event would be interesting. I did a video
>>> to show you, but when i received a call in a incoming bridge, it's
>>> possible for the operator to click for getting this call. I want to show
>>> him that his phone ringing. I did it, but i was simulating this event.
>> I don't understand how the event helps. Does it just make it easier in
>> your implementation?
>>

> Yes, because for me an update and a creation of channel is very
> different ;). It's more simple to have this mecanism everywhere and
> clearly it can help.

I don't understand what you mean by update and a creation. From the
scope of Asterisk when the POST returns with a channel then it is
created. I can see how it would be useful if you are basing everything
off events to react instead.

> I found another problem for me on originate, the cancelation, there is
> no event if you cancel the originate with the phone (like hangup the call)
>
> Asterisk originate via ARI ----- A ring (no event)
> A cancel before answer (no event too)

Are you specifying a Stasis application when originating? If not then
you won't be subscribed to the channel. If you are and you aren't seeing
events then that would be a bug.

--
Joshua Colp