[asterisk-app-dev] Adapting the Node ARI Module to work with the Proxy Message Protocol

Dan Jenkins dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 04:24:48 CST 2016

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to bring attention to this issue I wrote on the
node-ari-client's repo -
https://github.com/asterisk/node-ari-client/issues/37

I'm just about to start some work with the ARI and want to be able to use
the Proxy messaging protocol with the Go Proxy and the Node module.
However, as the proxy isn't a drop in replacement it'll mean doing some
work to the module to get things going.

I'm making the wider community aware of the issue here and asking for any
feedback. For the time being I think I'm going to have to fork the module,
get the work done, and then look at merging it back in which is a shame but
I think theres too much to change (especially in how the module's internals
are created using swagger) to do it in a way that makes it easy to merge
back in happily once I'm done.

Dan