[asterisk-app-dev] Problem on bridge event on Asterisk 13

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Jun 19 07:16:11 CDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Subho Pramanik <spsanu89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have installed asterisk 13 on RHEL and disabled PJSIP follwoing direction
> on below link :
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Migrating+from+chan_sip+to+res_pjsip
>
> noload => res_pjsip.so
>
> noload => res_pjsip_pubsub.so
>
> noload => res_pjsip_session.so
>
> noload => chan_pjsip.so
>
> noload => res_pjsip_exten_state.so
>
> noload => res_pjsip_log_forwarder.so
>

> But I'm not getting BridgeEvent in asterisk-java
> API(asterisk-java-2.0.0-CI.20150602.214525-8.jar). Is there any other event
> that gets generated when call is connected/bridged? It comes properly on
> asterisk 11.

First, there's no reason to e-mail me specifically. I read the mailing
lists, and the project has a lot of places where it clearly states to
not e-mail maintainers directly. This is to ensure that conversations
are:
(a) transparent
(b) attended to by the best person possible
As I'm not the maintainer of the asterisk-java project, I'm not the
best person to help you.

Mailing lists exist for a reason.

Second, AMI events were substantially changed in Asterisk 12. While
I'm not the best person to help you with your specific problem, I'm
going to go out on a limb and guess that the "BridgeEvent" you are
referring to is the old Bridge event in Asterisk 11 [1]. That event is
gone, which would explain why you aren't seeing it.

Replacing it are two events: BridgeEnter [2] and BridgeLeave [3]. The
difference in the semantics of bridging are documented in the AMI v2
spec [4]. If upgrading to Asterisk 12/13, I would *highly* suggest
reading that document. The removal of the old "Bridge" event is not
the only change you will experience.

Note that all of this is documented in the Upgrading to Asterisk 12
notes [5] - see the section on AMI. If running Asterisk 13, make sure
you also read the upgrade notes for Asterisk 13 [6].

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+ManagerEvent_Bridge
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+ManagerEvent_BridgeEnter
[3] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+ManagerEvent_BridgeLeave
[4] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AMI+v2+Specification