[asterisk-app-dev] AMI or ARI?

Shahid H shahidh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 05:03:57 CDT 2015

Hi,

I like to develop a predictive dialer system (Web base) to allow Admin to
create outbound or inbound campaigns

I'm doing some technical research and I am trying to figure out shall I use
AMI or ARI?

- Creating many outbound calls and monitor live calls on the web (Ringing,
Talking, Hang up their call)
- Originate many calls and put in specific queue (other word: campaign)
- Agent should be able to transfer a call - external or internal.
- Ability to set max ring time for each campaign
- Approx 300+ agents

On the browser, I would like to use websocket to get real time information
about the call and actions.

I am considering going with this approach: create a daemon with Node.js - A
daemon will connect to Asterisk via ARI and a daemon use websocket to
listen the events and such. A browser will also use websocket to
communicate with a Node.js daemon.

Something like that: <browser (websocket)> --- <Node.js daemon & ARI
(websocket)> --- <Asterisk>

Is this good approach?

Thanks