[asterisk-app-dev] agitator - FastAGI reverse proxy

Lefteris Zafiris zaf.000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:18:31 CST 2015

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 20:39:55 +0000
Ben Merrills <b.merrills at mersontech.co.uk> wrote:

> Nice work Lefteris! Out of interest, why go?
>
> Skrusty

Thank you Ben,

I have been spending some time with Go lately and I find it ideal for
this kind of applications. The 'batteries included' standard lib makes
development very easy when dealing with things like networking, encryption
etc. It's a simple language making it easy to get familiar with and you
discover that you can get really productive very fast. Seems like a sweet
compromise between low-level/system and scripting languages.
Has a familiar 'C feeling' but at the same time offers memory safety
and decent performance, less memory hungry than Java much faster than a
scripting language without requiring lots and lots of code for the most common
tasks. If you have a look at the code you will see how compact agitator is while
offering quite a few features. Compiles really fast and has a nice tool set
(profiler, race detector etc). And finally makes application distribution
really simple, just a big, fat, statically compiled binary that you can copy and
run everywhere without worrying about dependencies.

Lefteris Zafiris