[asterisk-app-dev] ARI ApplicationActivated event?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Feb 3 18:47:00 CST 2015

Kevin Harwell wrote:
> Greetings,

Kia ora,

> I was thinking of adding a new "ApplicationActivated" event to ARI that
> would be raised upon a websocket reconnecting and an application being
> made active again. Currently, I am thinking it will just contain a count
> of the number of messages that were missed while the websocket was
> disconnected.

Do we provide enough access to rehydrate the application upon the case
where messages were indeed missed?

If a new channel starts the application do we currently reject that, or
do we accept it? If we accept it how does the newly
reconnected/connected application know that channel is in it?

I think ultimately best practices and documentation about how to deal
with this are equally as important as further information.

Pondering a bit I can see applications wanting Asterisk to handle this
in different ways:

1. Tell me that I'm taking over an application that is still active
2. In case of disconnection buffer the last N messages and provide them
to me in order when I reconnect
3. Disconnect all channels upon application disconnection and don't
accept new ones

Thoughts?

--
Joshua Colp