[asterisk-app-dev] Not early media in the Stasis application through ARI

Jose María Arias jmarias at cestel.es
Tue Apr 14 09:55:58 CDT 2015

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 13.3.1 with the Stasis app through the ARI restful API.
If I create a channel (equivalent to the originate AMI command) using a
/channels/{channelId} ARI POST method I can't add it to an already existing
bridge using the ARI bridges/{bridgeId}/addChannel POST method until the Up
ChannelStateChange notification comes in from the channel, therefore
avoiding any possibilities of hearing any prompts or SIT tones from the
network, like reorder, by anyone already in that bridge.

If I make the addChannel bridging query right after receiving the Ring
changed state notification I get an error which says "Channel not in Stasis
application" but if I wait for the Up changed state notification, the
request success.

Does it seem the Stasis App does not support an early media scenario
although the early media feature is implemented in the SIP channel? Any
hints about it?

Thanks in advance.
Jose