[asterisk-app-dev] ARI - ChannelCreated event

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Tue Sep 30 09:20:02 CDT 2014

The ChannelCreated event exists internally (and you can receive it with
AMI).  However, the channel is created first, then it enters the stasis app
-- thus the stasis app does not receive the channel created event because
it's not associated with the channel yet.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Chris Bestall <chris.bestall at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm using the NodeJS ARI library with Asterisk 12.  In the examples I see
> the use of "StasisStart" event for when a call is originated, but none for
> "ChannelCreated"
>
> I have tried to create listeners for the "ChannelCreated" event everywhere
> possible, but it seems this event is never fired.
>
> Here is my code:
>
> ari.start('hello');
>
> ari.on( "ChannelCreated", function ( event, channel ) {
>   console.log("channel created");
> });
>
> var channel = ari.Channel(  );
>
> channel.on( "StasisStart", function ( event, channel ) {
>   console.log("stasis entered");
> });
>
> channel.on( "ChannelCreated", function ( event, channel ) {
>   console.log("channel created");
> });
>
> channel.originate( { endpoint: "PJSIP/6001", app : "hello" }, function
> (err, ch) {
>
> if( err ){ console.log( err );  process.exit(0); }
>
> ch.on( "ChannelCreated", function ( event, channel ) {
>   console.log("channel created");
> });
>
> });
>

> Only the stasis entered gets logged and only on endpoint answer.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog
Digium, Inc · Software Developer
445 Jan Davis Drive NW · Huntsville, AL 35806 · US
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6239 · mobile: +1 317 507 4029
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org