[asterisk-app-dev] ARI ApplicationStarted or how to know that WebSocket connection established?

Maxim Litnitskiy litnimaxster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 17:17:48 CDT 2014

> The application 'starts' when your WebSocket connection is made.
> Asterisk uses the presence of a WebSocket connection to know that
> something is able to handle the Stasis application. Without that, it
> will simply bounce channels out of your Stasis application.
>
> Because the client initiates the application, there isn't really any
> need for an event. Asterisk doesn't make the decision; you do.

Matt, thanks for your reply.
Seems I was not clear enough.
Yes Asterisk knows when smth is able to handle the Stasis application.
And when I do a connection I also know.
Know what?
You mean that client.connect(...) success call is enouth? After it returns
Stasis app is setup in asterisk?
And this mean I have to signal to other thread exactly after exit from
client.connect(..)?
Thanks.