[asterisk-app-dev] Anybody developing ARI applications?

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue May 20 10:54:12 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Paul Belanger
<paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
> No, I'm not trolling, I'm actually interested in hearing back if
> anybody is actually writing applications for production yet?
>
> We've started work on our queue application and already finding some
> nuances with ARI.  Mostly because it is our first attempt at doing so.
>  I'd be interested in starting up a conversation or even comparing
> notes on the process.
>
> I hope to reply to this thread in the next few days showing progress
> and some code for our applications.

A follow up to my original email, our code is now up on github[1], we
are calling the app payload-voice.  Right now all we are doing is
accepting a call over ARI, creating a bridge, adding music and the
current channel.  Then we fire a message over the message bus about
the new caller, that is it.  So, if you want to see how it works, fork
the code and try it out.

As for the application, were going on the premise that all ARI
applications will be local to the asterisk box.  Reason for this, is
we need to connect to ARI not the other way around. Additionally,
since we are building a top of a message bus, we really don't care
where the ARI application is.  It will send / receive its information
via the bus.

Above was milestone one, milestone two is to create payload-server,
which will process the events over the bus.  Basically placing the
caller into a list then returning their position; that is it.  As you
can see our milestones are very simple and basic eventually we'll be
aiming for the list below.

- n+1 queues
- queue strategy: First in, first out
- single agent per queue
- basic reporting (based on message bus events [eg: join, abandon, complete]
- load balancing across multiple ARI applications ( 2 asterisk boxes )
- connect caller and agent

Our list is very basic right now, however we are hoping to deliver
this in the next 8 weeks.  So, if you are interested in testing or
helping, drop by #kickstand-dev on irc.freenode.net. Or simply reply.

[1] https://github.com/kickstandproject/payload-voice

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)