[asterisk-app-dev] ARI Bridge and Dial

Jim Black jblack at mediu.com
Thu May 8 14:26:39 CDT 2014

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding ARI after experimenting with it for a
while.

Bridging. When I create a bridge, I provide a single type ('mixing') I get
a '200' OK back but when I retrieve details on the bridge, the type 'list'
is NULL. The bridge seems to work - but I wanted to make sure there wasn't
an issue.

Let's say I want to create a simple Dial application. By trial and error,
what seems to work is a call comes into my dial plan and off to my app. I
answer, create a bridge and add this channel to the bridge. I then create a
channel for the destination SIP when it picks-up and add this to the
bridge. I should now have 2 connected phones. Thanks!!