[asterisk-app-dev] Asterisk AMI/ARI call origination complexity

Maxim Litnitskiy litnimaxster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:45:30 CDT 2014

> This problem was discussed on this mailing list late last year:
>

> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-app-dev/2013-December/000239.html
>
> The preferred mechanism to solving this problem is to provide your own
> channel unique ID when originating a channel. That applies to both AMI
> and ARI.

Was this channelID parameter in AMI introduced in Asterisk 12?

> Origination always comes in one of two flavours:
>
> (1) Originate a channel to a location in the dialplan, using a
> context/extension/priority tuple
> (2) Originate a channel directly to an application, optionally with
> some arguments presented to the application.

Sorry but in ARI seems not :-)
Only when I added 'app' parameter I started to receive ChannelDestroyed
message over WebSocket.

> In either case, the arguments passed to the Stasis application are
> presented in the StasisStart event. They are not presented on every
> single subsequent event: that would be redundant, as every channel
> that is handed over to ARI through the Stasis application has a
> StasisStart event.

Great but when the call is not connected to Stasis app in dialplan there
cannot be a StasisStart message.
I mean that in ARI originate I specify app and appArgs and see only
app in ChannelDestroyed
message.
In this particular case appArgs are lost.

Thanks Matthew.